Christopher John Andera Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Christopher Andera Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Chris Andera by his parents Frank and Mary Jo. Chris loved music and all sports. He enjoyed fishing and hunting and was an avid pheasant hunter. He even trained his own lab, Stroh. He enjoyed playing poker, especially Texas Hold ‘Em, and he liked to cook often creating his own new recipes. Chris’s musical interest began with playing the piano. Later he learned to play various brass instruments, and he was an active member of the Competitive Marching Band at Mt. Pleasant High School. He also played in the MPHS Jazz Band and was a member of the high school choir. Chris passed away on Thursday, April 30, 2009.
Because Chris loved music so much, this scholarship has been established not to just honor Chris, but to carry forward his ideals to help others by providing financial assistance to a student who wishes to attend a band/music camp or similar activity. Chris’s spirit will help support a young person wanting to embark on rewarding experience by attending a music camp of their choice.
Your contribution will remain in the Foundation forever and serve always as a legacy to Chris Andera. The earnings will be used to provide help to needy students who wish to receive financial assistance to attend a band/music camp or similar activity. For years to come, this scholarship fund will help young people embark on a rewarding musical experience which was an important part of Chris’s life. What a fitting tribute on your part to help a young person with financial need to attend a music camp of his or her choice.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Student shall be a freshman, sophomore, or junior at Beaverton High School, Harrison High School or Mt. Pleasant High School.
- Student must demonstrate academic ability with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Student must express a love for music in the applicant’s written essay.
- Student must express an active interest in attending an appropriate band/music camp.
- Student must express the need for financial assistance to attend this camp.
- Student must complete the band/music camp prior to the beginning of the new school year.
2016 Scholarship Award: $500
Application Deadline: March 4, 2016