Morey Technical Training Scholarship Fund
The Morey Technical Training Scholarships were established to assist students who are graduating from or have previously graduated from the Mt. Pleasant Area Technical Center and are pursuing post-secondary education in the fields of welding, machine tool, mechanical drafting, or pre-engineering. Scholarships are intended for students who will be, or are currently attending Ferris State University or Mid Michigan Community College in pursuit of training/education related to their career choice. Scholarships are for tuition only.
Scholarships are awarded for a two-year period. Students must remain enrolled and in good standing with the college or university to receive the second year scholarship.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be a graduating senior from the Mt. Pleasant Area Technical Center OR have graduated from the Mt. Pleasant Area Technical Center within the past four (4) years.
- Applicants must have maintained a 2.5 grade point average or better.
- Applicants must be planning to become enrolled, or are currently enrolled in a two or four year program at Mid Michigan Community College or Ferris State University where they are pursuing a career in one of the following fields: welding, machine tool, mechanical drafting, or engineering.
In selecting qualified applicants to receive scholarships, reviewers will give preference to the following which are listed in order of most important to least important:
- The written portion of the applicant’s scholarship application that describes the applicant’s desire for a career in the fields of welding, machine tool, mechanical drafting, or engineering.
- Financial need: Applicants have been requested to write a short essay stating, in their own words, why this scholarship would be helpful in allowing them to achieve their career goals.
2013 Scholarship Awards: 1 - $5,000 ($2,500 per year for 2 years); 2 - $3,000 ($1,500 per year for 2 years); 2 - $2,000 ($1,000 per year for 2 years)
Download an application for the Morey Technical Training Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 13, 2013